Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pardon me, madam, your geek is showing

So Dragon*Con is in full swing right now, and I am so fucking jealous of everyone there right now!  So I've decided that I'm going to start planning now for next year's Con.  I've been wanting to make a Mara Jade costume for awhile now and with the current state of our finances combined with my total lack of sewing skills, this could take a full year!

Fuck yeah, Mara Jade looking like Olivia Wilde!
I'm already starting to make my list of priorities for the Con:
  • Complete a kick-ass Mara Jade costume (note to self: research colored contacts...)
  • Convince the bastard to dress up with me - I'm thinking Talon Karrde.  So far, he's thinking "himself".
  • Get Timothy Zahn to sign my old tattered copy of the Thrawn trilogy
  • Get Wil Wheaton to autograph a photo of Wil Wheaton collating papers
  • Drool over the geeky shit being sold at the vendor booths
  • Take tons and tons of pictures while people-watching
But first, the costume...

No comments:

Post a Comment