Monday, August 3, 2009

Being a Redhead Can Be a Real Pain...

I found this article today and since my first reaction was "Woah! That's just crazy!" I decided to share it with the rest of you.

Basically, there have been rumors/urban legends floating around the medical world for a long time about the pain tolerance of redheads, so researchers actually decided to study it. Turns out that it's true - most people who carry the redhead gene have a lower pain tolerance and a higher resistance to anesthesia. Crazy, right? Side note: The anecdote about the redhead getting a root canal is pretty scary!

This article really makes this redhead glad that her hair comes from a bottle - I'm already kind of a wuss! Then again, my grandma is a redhead, so maybe it's all in my genes...

No comments:

Post a Comment