Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oh, My Aching Back!

So the P90X has been on hold this week. I don't know what the hell I did to my back, but it's been hurting like a sonuvabitch. It's my lower back, right where my spine meets my pelvis. I haven't even been able to go get it checked out because we don't have health insurance right now. I've been shopping around, but we just can't afford it right now, even with all the cash I've been saving on groceries lately (another receipt coming soon - just haven't taken a pic of it yet).

My MIL, Nurse Mommy, has apparently been having similar issues. She, however, has been able to see a chiropractor about it. She's instructed me to put ice on it and do stretches. The stretch she recommended:

Sit in one chair with one leg propped on another chair of equal height, leg stretched out in front of you. Lean over as far as you can and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat for other leg.

It's starting to feel better, but I don't want to push it. I've just been able to stop taking the anti-inflammatories that the Bastard had gotten for his knee back before my layoff in the days of health insurance. He was prescribed 60 pills. I think he took 1.

I also suspect I have the flu. It's been going around my office and everyone looked pretty green at the department meeting. I left right after to work from home, feeling green myself.

This week = FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment